Bare Minimum Marketing doesn’t exist yet — and it needs your help.
Starting September 24, 2012, Bare Minimum Marketing will be a project on Indiegogo, waiting for you to decide whether it will be published or not.
And now I know you’re wondering…
What is Indiegogo? How does it work?
Why don’t we let Indiegogo answer that first part?
What does Indiegogo do?
Indiegogo is a crowdfunding platform where people who want to raise money can create fundraising campaigns to tell their story and get the word out. Indiegogo is also a place to discover what people all over the world are passionate about and how to get involved.
Who uses Indiegogo?
People all over the world are using Indiegogo—both to raise money and to contribute to other people’s passions. There is no limitation on who can use Indiegogo as long as you have a valid bank account.
Why do people contribute to campaigns?
People contribute to campaigns for many reasons, but usually it’s because they want to be involved in what the campaign is doing or because they want the perks that are part of the campaign.
In this case, I’m writing a book on marketing for small- and micro-businesses. If you’d like a copy, or any of the other cool stuff listed below, you can pledge money towards my publishing costs.
The total pledged determines how good a book I can provide for you. I need a couple thousand for a professional editor to ensure that the book is as clear and readable as possible. With more, I can afford graphic design, layout, and printing costs to produce a paperback version for people who love “real” books.
And now you’re thinking…
OK, makes sense. So tell me more about this “cool stuff”
I’m so glad you asked! I have awesome stuff available at all levels:
- If you pledge $10 or more (the Ooh-Sign-Me-Up Level):
- You get a copy of the ebook, as soon as it’s ready. (A little before it becomes generally available)
If you pledge $25 or more (the I’m-Gonna-Need-A-Highlighter Level):
- You get a print copy of the book (a little before it becomes generally available), assuming the project receives enough money to fund a paper-and-ink publishing. Either way, you’ll get the ebook.
If you pledge $50 or more (the I-Don’t-Have-Time-To-Read Level):
- You get the audiobook download (A little before it becomes generally available), as well as the other stuff.
If you pledge $100 or more (the Trusted-Adviser Level):
- You get sneak previews of each chapter as it’s written, with a chance to contribute your ideas, advice, and stories to the final product (as well as all the other stuff)
If you pledge $250 or more (the I-Need-111-Ideas Level):
- You get an hour-long brainstorming session, on the topic of your choice, with my own, personal brainstorming team. They’re the people that came up with my title, and these rewards, and the concept for my video, so you know they’re good. (Plus all the other stuff)
(Since my brainstorming team do have lives, this reward will be limited to the first 5 people who pledge $250+)
If you pledge $1000 or more (the But-I-Want-The-Whole-Library Level):
- You get a copy of each book that I recommend as a useful resource to complement Bare Minimum Marketing, including Seth Godin’s Permission Marketing, Chris Guillebeau’s $100 Startup, and Jay Conrad Levinson’s Guerrilla Marketing. (Plus all the other stuff) (Except the brainstorming, if you’re not in the first 5)
If you pledge $2500 or more (the Uh-Sounds-Awesome-But-Scary Level):
- You get my assistance, via email and Skype, in implementing Bare Minimum Marketing for your business. (Plus all the other stuff (plus or minus brainstorming))
If you pledge $3000(the Yeah-My-Logo-Could-Use-Some-Work Level):
- You get a professional graphics designer to create for you a logo, a basic website template (or a discount off their usual price for a more complex website), and your choice of a poster OR a direct mail postcard OR a brochure OR letterhead. You’ll receive everything in digital format to use however you’d like, including several sizes and resolutions of your logo for use in high-definition printing or quick-load websites.
If you pledge $5000 or more:
- You get the professional graphics design and the assistance with implementing your marketing (plus all the other stuff).
Can’t afford to donate much? A dollar donation still says “I think this is cool. I vote that this should exist.”
Cool! Where do I sign up?
The official Indiegogo campaign will start on September 24, 2012. If you’d like to be notified of the start date (and of other interesting things related to the project), sign up for updates. (I will, of course, use it only to keep you posted on this project, and will try to make sure it’s interesting.